The God Who Sees Me

“She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”
Genesis 16:13 (NIV)

We’re so excited to hear from contributor Angie Hayes today! Angie shares a beautiful story about her little boy David and the God Who Sees. The video is only 5 minutes, but we promise her story will stay with you for weeks to come!

Listen now to hear about the God who sees us no matter how small or insignificant we may think our situation or problem is!

Can you think of a time when you felt seen by God?

If not, is there something you are experiencing right now that you wish God would see?

Today’s scripture (or any portion of this study on the names of God) may challenge us. If we experience uncertainty regarding God’s character, an excellent prayer to whisper is, “I believe, help my unbelief!”

Father God, we are grateful that You are, in fact, El Roi, the God Who Sees. We confess it can be hard to believe sometimes­­­––that you actually see us. We believe it, and yet our belief can waver or feel partial at best. Lord, help us so that we are not held captive by doubts regarding Your character and who scripture says You are. Make us more like Haggar, open our own eyes so that we may see the God who sees us! In Jesus’ name, Amen.

9 thoughts on “The God Who Sees Me

He does see us and care for us so personally and tenderly. Thank you for sharing, Angie. El Roi is one of my favorite names of God.

Angie Hayes

Jodie, What a privilege to have the eyes of our hearts enlightened to see that God sees us! I will testify forever of His amazing attention to all He has made.

Thank you for sharing such a timely message. I love that God doesn’t require an elaborate prayer to meet our need just the innocent faith of a child. God has manifested in my life in so many ways, El Roi, my God who sees, Jehovah Jireh, my God who provides, Jehovah Rapha, my God who heals and so many more. God is so, so good to meet us in so many ways.

Jill Howard

I needed this today. What a beautiful story. Thank you.

Angie Hayes

Jill, I pray for the Father to lift your chin with His strong right hand and allow you the security of seeing Him right there with you.

Angie Hayes

Yes, Nancy what a beautiful Father who honors our childlike faith!

Becky

This will forever resonate with me when I think of that scripture. Thank you Angie. It brings me such comfort knowing he sees what’s happening in my life with my daughters. My heart is hurting yet I have a God who sees and knows and loves me…when I am feeling confused and cast out. This ministry is so life giving to my soul and keeps me going in times of hard…

A beautiful image of our loving father!

Angie Hayes

Becky, I find it so comforting that in Genesis 21:17 God heard Hagar’s son crying and the angel of the Lord called to Hagar. Once again, God saw Hagar in a distressful situation in the wilderness and gave her plans for the future. But in this passage, I love that God heard the boy’s cry! Father, I ask thank you that you see Becky and you will give her wisdom and care for her. I also thank you that You, God hear her daughters’ heart cry. You are gracious and compassionate so I trust in Your goodness to this family, in Jesus Name.

Kim

This is a great story and yes he does see. We just need to REMEMBER he is always faithful. We forget in the panic. We need to program our minds to be set on him first through all things great and small. This reminded me of a time I was with my grandmother many, many years ago. We were shopping as we got to the car she realized she could not find her keys. Me as the little child saying to myself what are we going to do and how are we going to get home. She immediately starts praying God you know where those keys are point our eyes to where they are. So we started looking through her purse and all in the car. Then she just paused and said let’s listen to what he says. We get out and walk around the car just under the edge of the tire sort of under the car there were those keys. Slow our minds down, step into his presence, and ask God was my lesson that day. I love your story. One David will use over and over and teach his children.