Her Story: The Power of Prayer

Make your life a prayer. And in the midst of everything be always giving thanks, for this is God’s perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17-19 (TPT)

God spoke to me one day while praying in a mighty way. As all mothers do, I carry the burdens of my children. My son and his family are not saved or attend church. Therefore I have a grandson that has not been to church other than a visit here and there over the last seventeen years. So this mother/grandmother has a broken piece of her heart for her children.

There is a prayer table that sits in the corner of my den. It holds my Bible, cross, crown, a crown of thorns, a nail, pieces of cloth and anointing oil. I take my prayer time seriously, folks!

During one of my morning prayers for salvation for my children, I had an overwhelming feeling about my son. As I prayed for his salvation, I started crying uncontrollably. As I cried I heard in my spirit God say, “You think you love your son,” He continued, “But, you will never know the love I have for him. My son died for your son and my son lives in your son.”

As tears rolled down my face I said, “Father, you are so right and I have no right to be so burdened when I know you have him covered.” At that moment He taught me when you pray, you pray in faith. Loving my Heavenly Father unconditionally brings faith and trust. My prayer language and prayers changed that day.

Here is what I learned: You pray first then you praise every time after. Click To Tweet

As my grandson was starting his sophomore year in high school I prayed every morning for him to be protected from the evils of this world. The high school was in my sight every morning as I went to work and I started praying before I got to the school for the students, staff, and visitors. I prayed for demonic spirits to leave the school and for God to circle my grandson with Christian students.

Because of my earlier conversation with God, I changed the way I prayed for my grandson. Now, I’m seeing the results of those prayers. He’s now dating a girl who goes to church Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night! So guess where he is? Her family is involved in their church and their church family has made him feel welcomed. He is also now working after school at Chick-fil-A (people around here call it “God’s Chicken” lol).

Now, remember, I only asked God to surround him with Christian students. But my prayer language had changed to praying for something and then praising Him for the prayer being answered. You see God sent a girl, family, church, and a workplace. Basically, 24/7 coverage. God is there just waiting on him to take his hand.

Folks, God is good! Loving Him deeply, having faith and trust, brings abundant blessings. Remember: pray and then praise Him for those answered prayers.

Have you ever thought about the way you pray? If you don’t already, how can you start incorporating praise as part of your prayer time?

How can you support your family in prayer?

Father help us remember WHO You really are. You are our ABBA. The Father that LOVES his daughters! WOW, what a great feeling You make us feel. Let us remember during burdens, struggles or darkness that You walk right alongside us. Help us to remember to ALWAYS praise You for everything we ask. Let us remember to wait on You for answers. But never give up on ones that may take longer. We love you, Father. Teach us more about You. In Jesus Name, Amen!

18 thoughts on “Her Story: The Power of Prayer

Praise is so important and often I forget, Kim. This past week I was also reminded to focus on the promises, not the problem. This is affecting my prayer life. God is good to hear us when we pray. Thank you for leading the way here today. I anticipate the day we can meet- eat M & M’s and talk about Jesus together. Oh, happy day!

Nancy S

What a beautiful testimony. God’s plan for your grandson is so much bigger than you could ever imagine. Thank you for reminding us to praise God for answering our prayers before we see those answers manifested. Love you sweet friend!

Jodie, Can I join you two for M&M’s and fellowship too? 😄😍

Kim

Thank you Nancy! Love spending our time together.
    You can also do this for a special person you want a better relationship with. God wants us to have the desires of our heart and to bless others in the process.
    M&Ms are the best. They last longer than a candy bar LOL.

Kim

Jodie we are so caught up in the routine of I, I, I that we forget to thank and give praise for all the things God is and has given us. I now start my day with praising him. I look forward to eating those M&Ms with some good ole table talk!

Sandra Hoffman

Very proud to know you Kim! Your faith inspires me.

Kim

Thank you Sandra. I am looking forward to more days in the word with you girls.

Lauren

“…God sent a girl, family, church, and a workplace”. I love this and the reminder to pray with praise! Thank you for sharing! It made me think of Eph 3:20-21.

Go God! Always doing exceedingly and abundantly more than we ask or imagine 🙂 Good to connect with you today, Lauren.

Kim

Yes Lauren it does sound like Ephesians 3:20-21 I like verse 19 also Passion Translation. Thank you!

Robin Conway

Kim, thank you so much for sharing your story. Praying for our children and grandchildren will always be a part of who we are as moms. We are so blessed to be able to pray to our Heavenly Father and know he will answer.
I have really enjoyed our time together on the SHMPT. You are a delight. Good luck with your business.
You are right God is good and I to love M&M’s and anything and everything chocolate. God Bless you and your family .
Love, hugs and prayers!

Kim

Robin what would we do without our mom and grandmothers prayers. Always on our knees for our children and grandchildren. Hope to see you soon on zoom.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom Kim. Your words touch me as I have a nephew who’s salvation I’m praying for. You’ve reminded me that God loves him more than I ever could. I will try to follow your example and pray in faith followed by praise! Your words have blessed me!

Kim

Cindy I had a nephew who was heavily drinking and doing some drugs. I was so worried about him. Well this aunt (and others) went into battle for him. He is 37 yrs old. Christmas day his wife lead him to christ. He is so different and so hungry. Its a wonderful thing to see Gods work. You keep on praying and praising.

Love this sweet reminder that God answers our prayers in ways we wouldn’t even consider to ask Him for. So thankful to know you and witness your faith firsthand. Beautiful post, Kim. <3

Kim

Thank you so much! You are a great example of Gods plan. See you soon my friend. Love and big hugs!

“…then you praise every. time. after.” Thank you for this reminder Kim!

Helena Davies