Her Story: Trusting the Beginning, Middle, and End

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:7 (NIV)

Sitting on the floor, tears streaming, questions flying, fears mounting, I sought the Lord. As an eight-year-old, I didn’t know all there was to know about God, and now at forty-seven, I still do not. But just as I did at eight when my parents split up, I did again in my thirties when my own marriage difficulties were mounting, and more so at forty-seven when my son was killed.

My story is one of learning to trust God.

He is, always has been, and always will be my constant companion.

While I haven’t always recognized it at the time, I have always been able to trace the dots back to Him. In the hard and hurt of life, He gives me a reason to sing. He strengthens me with every trial and is faithful to hold my hand on the journey. Learning to trust my constant companion is helping me now, during this pandemic. I see Him with me daily. I trust He is in control.

I am a girl who likes to do life together. Jesus is the one that is always by my side, outstretched hand, saying, “I am with you, do not be afraid.” He has been my constant in the temporary. While many relationships and life situations have come and gone, He remains. He’s in the boat when the waves are throwing me sideways and making me sick. Like with the disciples, He is there and ready to silence the storms. As when Peter walked upon the water and began to sink, He has been there for me when my doubts have threatened my faith. He is my strength for the hard, my hope for the future, and my source of joy in pain.

Jesus has won my heart and for Him, “my heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him.”
He excites me.
He holds me.
He helps me understand me.
He grants me peace when I fail to understand the heartbreak of this world. And don’t we need that peace, right now?

I admit, heartbreak abounds.

When I laid awake in my bed the night I kissed my son farewell, I prayed to God, asking Him to protect me from bitterness, and requesting that I would be able to continue to speak for Him. Even in my grief, I knew I was not alone. Jesus was the one holding my shattered heart together, giving me comfort and peace. The peace we inadequately speak of and cannot fully understand until we have experienced it. It’s so unusual, others look upon those who possess it as if we are aliens.

In this world of hurt and heartbreak, Jesus is present for help and healing. Click To Tweet

For His children, it’s a matter of trust. Sharon Jaynes writes this about trusting God,

“Oh, that we would trust Him even if the twists and turns never make sense this side of heaven. That’s what trusting God is all about. As we live and move and have our being in Him, life’s dark places are simply opportunities to trust that God knows the way — and the perfect time to hold on tight.”

My story? My story is Jesus, beginning, middle, and end. While I am on this side of heaven I seek Him, tell of His name as best I can, and long to be home with Him.

Yes, I’m living heaven-bound.

Hoping in Jesus.
Trusting in all He is and forever will be.
Praising His name in the midst of pain, because His joy resides deep within my heart.
Sharing a burden to build the Kingdom.
Following where He leads.
Longing for all to know His name.
Relishing the life He’s given me and longing for the place He has prepared for me.

I’m the girl that likes together, realizing joy and pain collide on this side of heaven. While they crash around me, I lean into His strength and praise His name so others will hear of His goodness and be able to do the same.

Has there been a time when you felt your boat was sinking? Did you call out for Jesus, wondering if He was sleeping through your trial? Do you feel that way right now about Covid19?

Looking back over time are you able to connect the dots to His faithful presence? How did this time strengthen you?

Do you ever have doubts and fears that threaten your faith? What verses help you battle your doubts and fears?

Read Psalm 27. David begins acknowledging the Lord as his “light and salvation.” Who is the Lord to you? Is He part of your story? If you are uncertain, please consider reaching out to us so we can share how He wants to be your light and salvation. You can email us at sisters@sisterhoodministries.com

Father, thank you for being our constant companion. The One who knows every hair on our head, our coming and goings. The One who will not leave us or forsake us. Help us keep our eyes on the things above. May we seek You with all our heart, mind, and soul, remembering that You are strength in our weakness. May our hearts be filled with joy as we cling to You as our hope and sing praise to Your name. Amen

8 thoughts on “Her Story: Trusting the Beginning, Middle, and End

Cheri

Jodie you are always such an encouragement to me.

Happy Monday, Cheri! It’s a brand new week and right after Easter Sunday. Yesterday was a bit tough for me, but I’m bursting to see what new mercies He has in store for us today. You too are an encouragement and I’m so glad you dropped by to join the conversation.

Csmith

PICTURE THIS 6/29/09. My husband and I try to rebuild a marriage after a 2.5 year separation. seperation. We talk about our plans to travel after he retires. We plan on buying a camper a d a truck and following the East Coast races laying in the Sun during the Summers at all our favorite Beaches. Then the Nov. Drs apts that turned into Jan. apts. with these words 6 to 12 Go Home And Enjoy. You see those 2.5 years we weren’t together Robby experienced the hip pain was the breeding ground for Bone Cancer. Who would have thought that my fun loving cold beer drinking husband would die from Cancer. Scirossos of the Liver yes but Cancer NOOOO. So back to work I went and my grandson came to live with us to be there at night. But as the story goes Matts’ depression caused him to take his own life. He hung himself in my swing on Oct. 28th and Robby died Nov. 12th. In 2 weeks I had lost way too much to even want to exist. But God…As my co-workers took me into the Soc. Workers office at Kindred and prayed over me and quoted scripture over me and laid hands on me I felt a peace like I thought never could exist again. But God…came and help me up out of that more. And he hugged me with His loving Arms And sent me on my way. As I talked to a gentleman just last night whose son took his life he ask me why didnt I blame God for Matt’s death. That God SHOULD HAVE MADE THE GUN JAM. HE COULD HAVE MADE IT NOT HAPPEN. It was then I was able to tell him The God I serve doesn’t LET TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN. That came about when Adam and Eve sinned. I hope that something I said last pm helped Gary. So please pray that he will stop blaming God and rededicate himself to God and get it right. When I told my story to Jodie years ago I had no idea she would ever have to go thru this But God as she kept saying to me. She is such an inspiration to me and others. And I will always keep in mind during prayer time parents and grandparents brothers and sister who have a similar story. Because HE KNOWS THE PLANS FOR ME AND THEY ARE GOOOD.

Chris, I am reminded of 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, ” All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 4He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” You were offering your friend comfort that you have already received from the Father. I will pray for Gary. God understands his questions and we can ask God to meet him where he is and be his comfort. Love you, friend. Your story is one of strength and courage.

Csmith

PICTURE THIS 6/29/09. My husband and I try to rebuild a marriage after a 2.5 year separation. We talk about our plans to travel after he retires. We plan on buying a camper and a truck and following the East Coast races , fish at Avalon Pier lay in the Sun during the Summers at all our favorite Beaches. Then the Nov. Drs apts that turned into Jan. apts. with these words 6 to 12 Go Home And Enjoy. You see those 2.5 years we weren’t together Robby experienced the hip pain was the breeding ground for Bone Cancer. Who would have thought that my fun loving cold beer drinking husband would die from Cancer. Scirossos of the Liver yes but Cancer NOOOO. So back to work I went and my grandson came to live with us to be there at night. But as the story goes Matts’ depression caused him to take his own life. He hung himself in my swing on Oct. 28th and Robby died Nov. 12th. In 2 weeks I had lost way too much to even want to exist. But God…As my co-workers took me into the Soc. Workers office at Kindred and prayed over me and quoted scripture over me and laid hands on me I felt a peace like I thought never could exist again. But God…came and help me up out of that mire. And he hugged me with His loving Arms And sent me on my way. As I talked to a gentleman just last night whose son took his life he ask me why didnt I blame God for Matt’s death. That God SHOULD HAVE MADE THE GUN JAM. HE COULD HAVE MADE IT NOT HAPPEN. It was then I was able to tell him The God I serve doesn’t LET TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN. That came about when Adam and Eve sinned. I hope that something I said last pm helped Gary. So please pray that he will stop blaming God and rededicate himself to God and get it right. When I told my story to Jodie years ago I had no idea she would ever have to go thru this But God as she kept saying to me. She is such an inspiration to me and others. And I will always keep in mind during prayer time parents and grandparents brothers and sister who have a similar story. Because HE KNOWS THE PLANS FOR ME AND THEY ARE GOOOD.

Audrey

Jodie thank you for always sharing uplifting thoughts and scripture. Please continue to pray for Tommy and myself. Prayers for Tommy as he tries to accept his limitations due to his health issues. His struggle is more mental than physical now. Prayers for myself as I try to keep everything together. Prayers for strength, patience, and a presence of joy for those I care for. Love you and miss you and Donna. ❤️

We miss you too! Audrey, I can hear Thomas saying the mental and the physical go hand in hand. I will be praying. Lord, thank you for being where we cannot be and being more than we could ever be. Be strength in the weakness, both physical and mental. Let patience blossom in my friend’s heart. She always dresses with love and kindness. Be joy in the midst of pain, Father. In Jesus name, Amen

Gail

I am so grateful, so touched, so ministered to, when I take the time to read what Sisterhood Ministries sends me. What a blessing. Thank you, God.