I’m Over Feeling I’m Not Enough

I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 (NIV)

I stood there, streams of sadness and frustration flooded my heart and showed in my actions as I allowed lies to take hostage of my soul.

The sudden emotions of not feeling “good enough” crippled me and shut me down. I allowed my mood, thoughts, and destructive words to push out God’s promises for me.

Friends, I wish I could say this full-body takeover of not feeling enough was years ago, but Sisters, it was sadly only a few months ago.

My reactionary emotions stemmed from my needing to write a biography for the Sisterhood Ministries website. Yes, for this very ministry! It was wild, and honestly, I felt like I was slipping back to my old self before freedom and purpose from God redirected my thoughts and steps about myself.

My mind took an unhealthy U-turn and drove me to my past.

You see, for most of my life, I’ve felt as if I didn’t have much to offer. I didn’t have the skill set and the educational background to provide anything meaningful. But these emotions and thoughts were in the past, and I honestly believed I had moved past these emotions of not being good enough.

God gingerly reminded me that He is my everything. Once freedom settled back in, I believed that I did have a purpose planned out by our Father, and I better understood what being enough meant once again.

I will never be enough on my own, but by grace…

God made me enough.

I can stop trying.
I can stop striving.
I can let go of fear.
I can let go of doubt.
I can let go of not feeling equipped because He is my Equipper.

God’s love set me free and broke all the chains of not feeling enough. I was able to stand tall on the Solid Rock and remember that His love made me strong to move forward in whatever He asked me to do with Him.

So, when the nasty head of “not enough” showed up that Saturday morning, I was surprised by how quickly it silenced God’s truth.

What does a girl do when she feels so broken once again? She remembers who she is: God’s girl.

I leaned into His Truths and recalled the lessons from God as He wooed me back to Him. Click To Tweet

Sisters, how do you see yourself? What lies does Satan love to whisper in your ears? Do you listen to the world? Do you listen to your Father, who knows you better than anyone else?

I want to slip into our hearts a few reminders from our Savior:

• We can do ALL things through Jesus; He is our strength. (Philippians 4:13 NIV)
  • We need to remember Who resides in us; The Holy Spirit is our Helper. He equips us and will direct our steps. (John 14:26 NIV)
  • We need to remember to place the Armor of God daily to combat the Liar. (Ephesians 6:11-18 NIV).

Sisters, God made you enough when He placed His Son on the cross. Jesus’ blood set you free and flowed in your unique calling. You are enough, sis, because of God’s love for you.

It did take me a couple of days to wrestle through my emotions of not feeling enough.

But with my head held high, I read the biography written about me by my husband and sent it out with confidence and liberation. (Yes, I was such a hot mess my husband wrote my biography. He has always seen me in a way that is hard for me to grasp sometimes, even today.)

I praise my Lord as He reminds me each day to turn my eyes on Him and remember how He sees me, and that is perfectly enough for me.

Do you struggle with the lie of not feeling enough? Write your emotions in your journal, sit still, and offer them to God.

What are some steps you can take to help you move past your emotions of not feeling enough? Share your steps with a trusted Sister; it is liberating.

Father, I thank you for your unconditional love, grace, and understanding. I praise you for living within me and equipping me, and especially when the flesh takes over, you remind me I am enough because of you. I pray for my sister, who may struggle with the feeling that she is not enough. Remind her of how You see her, and that You are her supplier of everything. Please cut the chains and lies that stall your daughters from moving forward in the beautiful purpose you have for them. Thank you for seeing us and loving us so much. Amen.

11 thoughts on “I’m Over Feeling I’m Not Enough

Gail Merriman

I needed this so much this morning. I struggle daily with feeling that I have wasted my life, that I was never enough to do anything worthwhile. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Michele O’Leary

Dear Gail, thank you for sharing what you are struggling with, friend. Satan wants to shut us down with lies and rewinding our feelings over and over again. God wants us to remember Who we belong too: Him. Gail, my go to verse is Song of Songs 4:7, “You are all together beautiful, my love, there is no flaw in you.” I pray you wrap the verse around your heart and remember you are enough because of a Savior who died for you and for me to set us free. Hugs to you, Sister.

Gail, I agree with Michelle. The enemy is a liar and he’d love for God’s daughter’s to second guess their worth. I’m praying for you Sis. May the tide begin to turn as you spend time in His word and soak up the truth of who you really are… a woman who is deeply loved and created for a purpose.

Denise Desgrosseilliers

For some reason, I have started off this year feeling inferior. Fighting a cold that won’t give up and asking God to know me and search my heart, there have been parts of me I thought were more mature or holy by now. It’s been hard to see me as God sees me. I’ve had to remind myself to throw away the negative self talk.
Thank you for your message Michele. It’s important to know we are not alone and to be reminded of God’s love for us – just as we are.

Michele

Sweet Denise, you are my heart-sister and a dear friend. You are loved. You are seen. You have a purpose. Thank you for sharing your real. I love you.

Father, walk with my friend and remind her how precious she is to You and to so many around her. She is a daughter after Your own heart. Cut the chains of not enough and replace them with your love. Amen.

I find it so strange that even though I know who I am in Christ and that I am traveling through this world to my eternal home those lis creep in. I stand on the solid rock and yet those lies of not good enough and feeling invisible creep back in. The only way I can combat those lies is to remind myself of whose I am and that, in Him, I am more than enough. Remind myself that I have no power over what others think and say, only what I think and say. I fall short but am striving to notice those lies and shut them down quickly.

Michele O’Leary

Nancy, those nasty lies cut us down to our knees at times. Satan knows what tears our heart up into confetti and he will do everything he can to keep us discouraged and distracted. He knows you are child of God and you long to do God’s work each day. You are enough, friend, because of Jesus. Keep stepping into the truth and standing on the Solid Rock. I love you. You are an amazing cheerleader, friend, and Sister.

Darlene

Thank you. I’ve been battling lately. This is exactly what I needed. Trying to be someone I’m not when I know who I am and to whom I belong. The liar just slips in and before you know it you forget the truth. Thanks again for the right words to turn the lies off.

Michele

Darlene, in Ephesians 6:12 it says we are not fighting against flesh and blood but against powers of the dark world and spiritual forces of evil—Satan. Satan knows the power that lives within us—the Holy Spirit. If he can shut us down with lies, then our kingdom building assignment from God will be shut down too. God’s love is strong and brakes the chains of our strongholds from Satan. Stand firm on our Solid Rock of Truth. Hugs, friend.

Lori Butler

Yes! We all have moments of feeling inadequate or not enough. It’s good we don’t stay stuck in those thoughts. Thank you for reminding us of God’s love for us.

Michele

Lori, it is comforting to know we are not alone in our emotions. God is gracious to remind us that He understands too. He loves us that big. Hugs, friend!